Monday, January 1, 2018

"DOGTOR WHO"



A lot of 'Doctor Who' fans have probably seen articles about the fan art that heads this post.  Tee-Kyrin (Love that name!) has depicted each of the incarnations of the Doctor as a different breed of dog.  And I think they are all spot on.  (I make no apologies for that pun.)

Here's a good analysis of each "Dogtor".

I always figured that if I had the chance to write a funny animal comic book, I would have a time-traveling dog in the mix - part 'Doctor Who', part Mr. Peabody.  And I'd call him the Watchdog.

I'll have to check back in to Tee Kyrin's page once the new Doctor has been announced. (I'm writing this on March 11.  Still no news.)

In the meantime, in a world in which the Doctor has always been a dog, shouldn't the same apply to his Companions, his allies, and his enemies?  And not all of them would have to be dogs.  Rather large lizards of some sort for the Silurians, for example.  And wouldn't the Master be best seen as a Cat?

I'm thinking the Sontarans could be armadillos....

(I once did an April Fool's Day article about 'Star Trek' remade with cats for the Animal Planet network.  And at the end I took a look at 'Doctor Who' with dogs.)

A news story had been making the rounds of Facebook earlier this year which made me think of this topic again. A Franciscan monastery in Bolivia has taken in a homeless dog and adopted it, making it a brother known as Friar Mustache.  And they even gave him robes to wear!



So wouldn't he make an excellent guest star as the Meddling Monk?

Or perhaps the Meddling Mutt?



"What's that, Doctor?  Timmy fell into a gravity well?"

We're gonna need a new Timmy!

BCnU!

No comments: