Thursday, November 8, 2012

O'BSERVATIONS: MEDDLING KIDS



From TV Tropes:

When the evil character is finally brought to justice, he claims that he would've gotten away with it if it weren't for those "meddling kids" (or whoever it was who foiled his plot). He may be evil, but he gives credit where credit is due. The classic form is, "And I would have gotten away with it, too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!" The use of the phrase "meddling kids" is a classic Shout Out to Scooby-Doo.

'Perry Mason' is shown twice a day on ME-TV, 10 am and 11:30 pm. I watched an episode of 'Perry Mason' on Tuesday - "The Case Of The Frightened Fisherman". And at the end, the killer (No spoilers!) jumped up and shouted "And I would have gotten away with it if it hadn't been for you!"

This confused me because the person being talked to was not a meddling kid......

I suppose in a way, this could have been constructed as one of the "Echoes" posts.....

BCnU!

No comments: