Saturday, June 24, 2017

CARTOONS FOR A SONNY (AND CHER) SATURDAY



Back in the early 70s, I used to watch mostly CBS shows.  Pretty much didn't have too much of a choice back in those BC days (before cable.)  Channel 3 out of Hartford came in the best for our house.

But options were pretty limited as well, so I'm not saying this as an excuse; I would have watched the Sonny and Cher variety show anyway, I'm sure.

They had some pretty good running sketches - precursors of the SNL Widettes, for one.  But they also had their own version of music videos with songs accompanied by animation.

Three of the following cartoons have stuck with me all these decades later, of songs I loved and still cherish to this day.  The cartoon for the great Jim Croce song "Bad, Bad Leroy Brown".  My thanks to Christopher Nigro for letting me know it was out there.  I guess I missed that night's telecast....

Anyway, here are my choices for this Video Weekend......

ONE TIN SOLDIER


BLACK & WHITE


BAD BAD LEROY BROWN


BIG YELLOW TAXI



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am loving the "Sonny & Cher" "Black & White"