Monday, June 8, 2015

MAILING TOOB: WHO IS THAT MAN?


'MURDER, SHE WROTE'
"MENACE, ANYONE?"

So the IMDb has done it again.  


"Ol' Reliable" claimed that Rick Jason - who played Lt. Gil Hanley in one of my childhood faves, 'Combat!' - played a Patrolman in this episode.  I had consulted the site as the episode began because I recognized the tennis match judge as Laurence Haddon (whom I knew from 'Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman' & 'Lou Grant'.)  But as he had only two lines at most, I thought I must have been mistaken.  So when I saw Rick Jason listed, I figured the episode might have other cameos as well.  


So I kept an eye out for the patrolman to show up and even under the cover of darkness and wearing his cap low to his eyes, I knew that wasn't Rick Jason.  And the final credits proved me right.


But then I did some research and found out that Richard Jacobson was Rick Jason's real name.  Perhaps when he felt the role wasn't big enough, he acted under his real name instead.  And the more I look at that screencap of the Patrolman, the more I wonder if that really could be Rick Jason.

What do you think?

Oh, by the way, that was Laurence Haddon as the line judge.  Since his character had no name given, perhaps I can make the claim that he was one of his other characters from some other appearance - preferably one that was taking place in Boston as well......

BCnU!

No comments: