Thursday, January 1, 2015

ECHOES - A DICKENS OF A TIME



DOCTOR: 
Charles Dickens? You're brilliant, you are. 
Completely one hundred percent brilliant. 
I've read them all. "Great Expectations", "Oliver Twist", 
and what's the other one, the one with the ghost? 

DICKENS:
"A Christmas Carol"

DOCTOR: 
No, no, no, the one with the trains. "The Signal Man", that's it. 
Terrifying! The best short story ever written. You're a genius. 


DRIVER: 
You want me to get rid of him, sir? 

DICKENS: 
Er, no, I think he can stay. 

DOCTOR: 
Honestly, Charles. Can I call you Charles? I'm such a big fan. 

DICKENS: 
A what? A big what? 

DOCTOR: 
Fan. Number one fan, that's me. 

DICKENS: 
How exactly are you a fan? In what way do you resemble 
a means of 
keeping oneself cool? 

DOCTOR: 
No, it means fanatic, devoted to. 
Mind you, I've got to say, 
that American bit in "Martin Chuzzlewit", what's that about? 
Was that just padding or what? 
I mean, it's rubbish, that bit.
'DOCTOR WHO' - "THE UNQUIET DEAD"


BRIAN LANE:
You're a bit of a fan of Charles Dickens, aren't you?
'NEW TRICKS' - "BODY OF EVIDENCE"


BCnU!

No comments: