Friday, November 14, 2014

MY FRIENDS IN TOOBWORLD - JON HARRIS VISITS GOTHAM CITY!


It's been a while since I did a "My Friends In Toobworld" feature.....

I was supposed to be doing this feature all year long - where I took pictures of my friends and applied a Toobworld sensibility to them.  But I fell behind and/or lost enthusiasm.


With the arrival of 'Batman' to the Cozi-TV line-up this Fourth of July weekend, and with my thoughts turned to the series with the recent death of Eli Wallach (the third of the Mr. Freeze characters), I saw this picture of my friend Jon Harris on Facebook and figured it was time to rev up the feature once again.  If only for a quick posting....

For Jon's televersion, that counterpart of his living in Earth Prime-Time rather than Earth Prime (our world), this is a picture of him with Anna Mykolaivna Nadolynna in Gotham City.  O'Bviously they're taking a selfie in front of the new and improved Batmobile.

(In the Trueniverse, they were at Six Flags Great Adventure.)

The original Batman, Bruce Wayne, is no longer active as a crime-fighter.  This Batmobile would belong to his latest successor, whoever that might be.  (If his name is again Bruce Wayne, he could be the original's grandson, named after him.) 

All of this would be kept off-screen of course.  DC and its visual media allies have moved on to doing variations on the original with no interest in continuing the original series history.

Who knows?  Maybe Jon & Anna's televersions got to see the current Batman in action against some new costumed foe.....?

By the way, Anna's name makes me wonder if her televersion is related in some way to Olga, Queen of the Cossacks.....?

BCnU!

No comments: