Sunday, May 11, 2014

MOTHER'S DAY IN TOOBWORLD


HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

In recent years I've shared dark Mother's Day blog posts with you - Queen Cersei from 'Game Of Thrones' and Helena Vesey from 'Mother Love'.  I did those as jokes about the day, but it occurs to me that it reflects badly on me and my relationship with me own Mum.  

So instead, we're going totally in the opposite direction to share the day with one of the sweetest Moms Toobworld ever had.  And to make it slightly personal, her children's names were Billy & Toby - just like me and one of my own brothers!


We're spending Mother's Day at the Webb Ranch, just outside San Francisco, with Doris Martin.  The greater TV Universe has two Doris Martins because of a shift in the premise of 'The Doris Day Show'.  In the alternate TV dimension, Doris Martin was widowed early, before she could have any children, and is now considered a long-time single girl at her workplace.  

But the first Doris Martin is located in Earth Prime-Time and we're tipping our Toob Top Hat to her this Mother's Day......

For all the mothers out there, Real World and Toobworld, I hope you have a very special day today!

AND MERRY CHRISTMAS IN ADVANCE!

If you're a fan of this show, then check out the running feature at Thrilling Days Of Yesteryear (Link to the left, my Tooblings!)  in which my blogmate Ivan is putting the spotlight on each episode of the series, no matter how much it pains him.....

BCnU!

No comments: