Saturday, August 3, 2013

MY SO-CALLED LIFE - "THE RANGER ANDY SHOW"

In 2005, when I reached a particular milestone in my personal chronology, I celebrated by invoking the motto "What I say, goes" when it came to the new members of the TV Crossover Hall of Fame.  And when it came time to bestow the Birthday Honors, I chose myself to be inducted.

But it wasn't just an ego trip.  At least I fulfilled the membership requirements:

'THE HAP RICHARDS SHOW'
I was a certified citizen of Joyville - not only do I still have my certificate, but I had my name read on the air.

'THE RANGER ANDY SHOW'
During the summer of 1966, I appeared in the Ranger Station along with two of my brothers, three of my Hansen cousins, and all four of my Smith cousins, along with about thirty other kids.  That so many kids from the same family were on the same broadcast merited a small article in the Winsted newspaper.


"THE DEADLIEST SEASON"
Along with many other students in the UConn Drama Department, I spent three days working as an "atmosphere person" for this TV movie, which establishes me with a two degree separation from Kevin Bacon.  It was twenty five dollars a day and for those times, that was pretty sweet money for a college student.

'THE LATE SHOW WITH DAVID LETTERMAN'
Thanks to my buddy Patrick Scully, we were in the audience for the 100th episode of the show.  And we can be seen as Dave himself came down into the audience to hand out copies of his vacation picture.

But anyhoo, I just wanted to share with you what it was like on the old 'Ranger Andy Show'.  I'm not in this particular clip, but it must have been quite similar.....


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was on the ranger andy show a long time ago, I still remember it, disappointed the rock walls weren't real!

rich feinberg said...

Can you please post a picture or scan of your Citizen of Joyville certificate??