Sunday, September 4, 2011

SONDHEIM AND GILBERT & SOLOMON

I went to see Stephen Sondheim's "Follies" at the Marriott Marquis theater Thursday night. It was my second time seeing the show, the first time being at the Paper Mill Playhouse back in 1998.

I'm also working on a massive project about 'The Dick Van Dyke Show' for a blogathon hosted by "Thrilling Days Of Yesteryear" to celebrate that classic sitcom's fiftieth anniversary.

And yet, even with that occupying a good chunk of what's left of my mind, it wasn't until two days later that I realized two of the main characters are a couple named Buddy and Sally......

(These are the younger "ghosts" of Buddy and Sally - Lora Lee Gayer as Young Sally and Christian Delcroix as Young Buddy in "Follies" at the Kennedy Center earlier this year. Danny Burstein and Bernadette Peters are playing the older versions in the current Broadway revival.....)

BCnU!

No comments: