Sunday, May 8, 2011

SKED ALERT- "GAME OF THRONES" 4 TONIGHT!

I hope you've been watching 'Game Of Thrones'? For me, this is the best new series of 2011; it really feeds into my love of epic fantasy.

In a way, it's all come full circle for me with this show. I started out as a fan of epic fantasy, then moved on to "urban fantasy"; once I discovered "The Incompleat Enchanter" deCamp and Pratt, I sought to build my own fantasy world based on another medium. I dabbled with the idea of a theatre-based universe, but the only idea I came up with was a riff on an old Marx Brothers routine - the mirror sequence. But in mine, it would be two guys dressed as the Elephant Man.

So I figured if I was going to steal ideas, why not choose television as the medium upon which to base a universe? After all, as Fred Allen once said, "Imitation is the sincerest form of television."

Anyhoo......

And now I've found a way to insure that this epic fantasy based on the books of George R.R. Martin has a home in Toobworld.

Tonight on HBO, the fourth episode of 'Game Of Thrones' premieres at 9 PM. And thanks to the good folks marketing the series, I've got a couple of clips from tonight's show.

First up, Tyrion Lannister (my favorite character) arrives in Winterfell and confronts Theon.....

And then, Sansa Stark considers the future ramifications if she becomes queen....

So check it out - 'Game Of Thrones', episode four.... Tonight on HBO at 9 PM EDT.

 
ECCE PROMO!

No comments: